GENERAL

COMPETITION

SURVEY

FORUM

GUESTBOOK

LINKS

CONTACT US

- Disclaimer -
Thunderbirds and all related elements are © Carlton International Media Limited.
This site is intended for educational and enjoyment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended.
The contents of this page are © Joseph Oldham.

This discussion board is intended for fans and casual viewers of Thunderbirds to discuss the programme, ask questions and express opinions. Any offensive or seriously off-topic messages will be removed. If your message does not appear, please click Refresh/Reload. In the event of any other problems, please contact me.

Re: ANORAKS! READ THIS AND THEN TELL ME WHO THE ANORAKS ARE.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ View Thunderbirds Online Forum ]

Posted by Tom Walker on February 12, 2024 at 19:03:19:

In Reply to: ANORAKS! READ THIS AND THEN TELL ME WHO THE ANORAKS ARE. posted by Stephen La Riviere on February 12, 2024 at 13:06:53:

: This forum really depresses me. I mean itís always had its fair share of idiots but recently it has sunk to an all time low.

: Anoraks? A Thunderbirds fan can use such a word? Well I hate to disappoint everybody but the minute you picked up an interest in the world of cult television in the eyes of society you became an anorak. I do not see it like this. Anorak like nerd is another disgusting discriminative word that has crept into our language that people use far too often. I am ashamed though that a person who writes on this forum can even contemplate using such a word.

: In the strict definition of the word an anorak is a person who has a fascination with something at the exclusion of everything else. I certainly do not like Thunderbirds at the exclusion of everything else. Thunderbirds does not take up every moment Iím awake nor Iím sure does it take up everybody elseís time.

: What do you do in your spare time? That question is addressed to the person who is too much of a coward to use their own name. In my spare time not only do I attend college I also do frivolous things like trying to bring to about the abolition of the death penalty, improve the standards of living for the poor. Have any of you ever seen real poverty? When I was in India I saw some of the most dreadful sights ever. Children starving to death. I tried to help as many as possible but you canít help everybody. Not to mention those people who languish in cockroach infested prisons with only bread to eat. All many of these people are living for is to end up hanging.

: This forum is one of the few places where I actually meet intelligent people. Nic, Carl, Fran, Dave, Jon (sorry to the rest of you Ė canít remember all your names) people who donít discriminate against others. Unfortunately where you find real human beings you also have to contend with the dregs of society. People who have nothing better to do than act like fools and say stupid things. I hold Robbie Witter up as my example. These people are just frivolous and have nothing better to do then discriminate against homosexuals, women and the poor.

: Also considering I appear to have so many enemies on this site I find it surprising the amount of visitors I get to my site. I know that the majority of them come from this site. Many of them even like contributing excellent articles for me to post. Strange thing to do if everybody hates me so. Especially when I consider the floods of e- mails I get saying how great my site is.

: So, yes sometimes there are people such as Robbie Witter who I pity. Their sheer mindlessness is beyond belief. All I can say is that if you really believe there are such things as Ďanoraksí then you have no place on a forum like this. The only people who prove that they have nothing else in their lives are those who write messages such as the one below.

: Now I have better things to do then this Ė Iím off to do something with my life. Unlike some people I could mention.

: This message is not aimed at everybody Ė Iím sure the people who it is aimed at know who they are.

: Anybody have any thoughts or comments? If not then I obviously have no place on this forum.

:Good Point Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ View Thunderbirds Online Forum ]